June is Men’s Health Month. Learn How to Stay Healthy
During this month, it is important for men to take a moment to evaluate their health.
Here are some tips to consider:
- Schedule a doctor’s appointment for an annual physical. Make sure they monitor your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and perform a comprehensive screening.
- Learn the signs of sepsis.
- Engage in regular exercise.
- Perform testicular self-exams on a regular basis.
- Maintain a balanced diet by consuming nutritious meals.
- Pay attention to your mental health. Remember, mental health is just as important as physical health, and men are statistically less likely to seek help for mental health difficulties.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Quit smoking and tobacco use. Men are more
statistically more likely to use tobacco products than
- Prioritize sleep. Aim to get 7.5 to 8.5 hours of sleep
each night. If you’re experiencing difficulties sleeping,
don’t hesitate to consult your doctor.
Men, how do you prioritize your health?